I worked on Puddles for a bit before spending the afternoon doing mythic dungeons in WoW. Whenever I did something victorious in the game, I would whisper, ‘International Women’s Day’. I’m pretty sure that’s how you’re supposed to celebrate it.
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him and Douglas dog bringing Rosie some lunch. She was very excited to see them. They were going to spend the day celebrating International Women’s Day but Rosie got called into work. Arthur loved the view from her office.
I finished the day with French and Norwegian. Not much to report. It was a fair practice.
I hope your weekend is relaxing, fun and you are surrounded by people that make you smile. Stay safe.
I got to bed a bit too late again (big surprise) and I did Guided Sleep Meditation “The Healing Spring”. It was really enjoyable meditation and I fell asleep quickly when it ended. Then Homer dog woke me at 5 am and 7.30 am to go outside. I hope this isn’t going to be a regular routine for him now he’s an old man dog. If it does become a habit, I’m going to need a new sleep routine.
I stayed up after the second wake up from Homer dog. It was hard. I complained a lot to wifey. She told me to go back to bed but I didn’t. I can be so stubborn at times. I’m glad that I didn’t go back to bed though, I got to catch up with a friend. He’s the part that’s been missing from my Sundays for months now. I think it helped me get into the right head space for the day. I laughed a lot….. A LOT!!
I spent a few hours in WoW doing dungeons. It wasn’t a bad time but I was pretty bad as a player. I think because I haven’t been playing lately, I’m getting a little behind the gear curve. Once that was over, I Puddled.
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him and Douglas dog protecting a horse for National Horse Protection Day. They dressed up like secret agents.
So today was really a day of relaxation for hubby and I. I even finished the day with a little nap before a face full of languages. Tomorrow is plan making time, wish me luck!!
I hope your weekend is full of relaxing, inspiration and smiles.
I got to bed late again and meditated. It wasn’t a very good nights sleep. It was too hot and I knew I had to wake up earlier to do dungeons in WoW. I haven’t really been enjoying this part of my week but the person I do dungeons with has been paying my subscription, so I will still play for him.
So there really wasn’t much to my day, but that’s okay because it’s Sunday. I played WoW through the morning, Puddled, Frenched and then took a nap until the cool breeze brought some much needed relief to a four day heatwave.
Before I share today’s Puddles, I really wanted to post about my Sunshine Blogger Award nominations.
In the last week I have been nominated for two Sunshine Blogger awards on my, Adventures of Arthur Puddles, blog. I’m so thrilled that people have been enjoying this simple cartoon. I would like to thank Matt @ aprolificpotpourri and Beate @ linienspiel for the nomination and the constant support. Please check out their blogs and share some love.
Sunshine Blogger Award – Thing to Do
• Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your blog post.
• Nominate 11 new bloggers & their blogs. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they received the award and ask your nominees 11 new questions.
1. What is funny enough to make you laugh so hard to tears? My friend, the pally. No matter what mood I’m in, he can always make me laugh my face off.
2. Where do you find your inspiration? Online mostly. Youtube, Pinterest and Unsplash are my top three sites for inspiration.
3. Does money bring happiness ? I don’t think money technically brings happiness but having money allows you to do things that bring happiness and takes away the stress of paying bills. It improves life, that’s for sure.
4. Do you have any regrets in life ? I have a lot of regrets. I wish I had of finished school, become a lawyer and argued my way into an early retirement.
5. Do you prefer to create in silence or are you listening to music and if you are what would be your top 3 songs? I usually have the TV playing in the background.
6. What is one thing about you that no one knows? Ummm, is there even such a thing? My hubby knows everything about me.
7. Do you blog for fun, as an outlet or for profit ? If none of these than, what ? I started blogging to keep myself accountable while trying to make some big life changes. It’s more fun on days where I have something to write about.
8. Is there a particular person in your family you are or were most close to ? I was very close with my mum. I miss her.
9. What is the most unique place you ever visited ? I’m not sure what qualifies as a unique place. I’m going to say New Zealand though, because that country is so amazing. I’d live there if I could.
10. If you were locked in a grocery store overnight, would the temptation to eat something be strong enough that you would break down eat something and pay for it the next day ? Eat nothing ? Eat something without paying ? The rebel in me would want to eat and not pay. I’d probably only do that in a zombie apocalypse though.
11. If there was an opportunity to meet in person would you take it or are you more comfortable expressing the “online” version of you via the internet ? I’m perfectly okay with being online.
1. If You Could transform yourself, would what you rather be: a plant or an animal? I’d be an animal. I’m not sure what type though. Maybe a bear? or an elephant?
2. What’s your morning routine? I struggle out of bed and wait for hubby to put a coffee in my hands. Then I click on random things online until hubby leaves for work. Then I start my day.
3. Do you prefer the mountains or the sea? I am lucky that I live close to both. If I only had one though, I would take the sea. I love the sound of the ocean. I also love a good sea breeze at the end of a long hot day.
4. Imagine if you changed your first name, what would your name be? I’ve wanted to change my name for a while now. I want to change my name to my mums middle name.
5. What’s embarrassed you lately? I can’t think of something specific but I can only assume I did it in a dungeon while playing WoW.
6. What was the last thing you laughed at? The pally. I’m thankful I got to speak to him today, I was in need of a good laugh.
7. Do you prefer spaghetti or pizza? This is a tough question. They are both so fantastic and versatile. There are so many different flavour combinations for both. I don’t want to decide so I’ll say ….. spaghetti on pizza.
8. What would you most like to abolish? Internet trolls.
9. What magic would you rather have? Being invisible, flying, being able to talk to animals? Invisible. I would have no problems leaving the house then.
10. Your three favourite movies? Deadpool 2, Warcraft, Split.
11. What do you value more when blogging: followers, likes or, or comments? I think each shows that somebody cares about what I am posting and I find that very valuable. I really appreciate all the support I get.
I’ve felt very conflicted about this part. I know that some people don’t like to be given awards and I don’t want to offend anyone (especially if they have it on their blog that they don’t want one and I have never noticed.) I do want to nominate some bloggers who I really admire though.
So if you have found your name on the list, feel free to participate in the Sunshine Blogger Award.
Would you prefer to be a superhero or super villain?
What is on your favourite sandwich?
Do you speak a second language? If no, would you like to learn one?
When was the last time you went to the zoo?
Do you want to be famous?
Would you rather have vegetables or fruit?
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
What is your favourite art medium?
Why did you start blogging?
What advice do you have for new bloggers?
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him watching the movie Groundhog Day with his friend Rosie for Groundhog Day. Arthur didn’t realise Groundhog day is a real thing. He thought it was just a day to celebrate the movie.
I hope your day has been filled with sunshine and smiles. Enjoy the little things.
Last night I fell asleep to GUIDED SLEEP MEDITATION for Healing again. I’m pretty sure I didn’t even make it half way through before falling asleep. Meditating before sleeping has been helping me to sleep better.
Today was a day of dungeons in WoW. It was missing something but it wasn’t a bad day.
We’ve been seeing a little rain over the last few days. The smell of smoke has finally disappeared. Today it has been raining very lightly for most of the day. I took a picture of one of the frangipani plants in the backyard. It’s so nice seeing the little rain droplets.
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him talking on his tin can phone which he made to celebrate Tin Can Day. He was chatting about the sailing while enjoying a big bucket of popcorn for National Popcorn Day.
I hope your day has been splashed with things that make you smile. Happy Weekend.
Homer dog helped me wake up on time-ish today. I was grateful as it was already too humid and unpleasant. So the first thing I did was worked out. I was pretty slow. The humidity really makes it feel so much harder. I can’t wait until Summer is over.
Even though I got up early, my morning wasn’t a normal work day. Instead of jumping into arts and learning, I spent some time with wifey. With our schedules we don’t get much time together. Her mornings start sometime during my late evening and I’m either eating dinner or tired and ready for bed. Then while she’s relaxing in the evening, I’m trying to get my day started with art-ing and learning. Today was nice. We just chilled and played some WoW.
Today would have been perfect beach weather. Instead of going to the beach, I did a beach watercolour. I had watched; Watercolour Beach Tutorial For Beginners | Easy Watercolour Ideas, a few days ago and was inspired. So I tried it on my own without referencing the video again today. I am pretty happy with how it turned out but I still need to use more water!!
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him appreciating his houseplants because it’s Houseplant Appreciation Day. He loves being surrounded by his interesting and colourful indoor garden.
After a little aimless staring it was time for French. The timed practice runs were filled with words from the ‘Office’ category. It’s been so long since I’ve worked with these words I was instantly worried I wouldn’t get any right. I surprised myself and had a very good practice run. The words popped back into my head like popcorn!
I finished the day by looking at watercolour videos on Youtube. Every time I browse them I end up with four of five more bookmarked to try at a later date. Hubby will be at work tomorrow, I wonder if I’ll be more productive.
I hope your day has been bright, shiny, creative and filled with smiles.
I tried a different meditation guide last night; Deep Sleep Induction. I don’t really remember much of it but I did get about 7 hours sleep, so I’m going to call it a success!
Today is the first day of the weekend for us and it’s always a day of relaxing for hubby and a day of WoW for me. My Sunday is still missing something. While it wasn’t a bad day, it really wasn’t a good day either BUT today’s 30 day; New Year, New You Challenge is to ‘think about the positives’ so I will focus on the good parts.
One good part is today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles. We find him taking his first ‘flight’ with the help of some sweet little red birds for National Bird Day.
The creator of Inktober will be emailing a weekly prompt to help keep up the inking skills. I’ll be adding the prompt to one day’s adventure each week. This week’s prompt is ‘flight’. It fit in so perfectly with today’s Puddles plan.
I spent most of the day playing WoW. It was just a healer friend and me for most of it, with a couple of other friends joining for one dungeon. The hardest part of WoW today was being constantly bugged for a ‘selfie’ through one of the dungeons. I generally don’t cross my real life with my gaming life. Lately I have been more open but it still makes me feel very uncomfortable.
Once that was all wrapped up I got a face full of French. I did much better today and remembered how to spell ‘dejeuner’. (You can tell I typed it because it doesn’t have the accent!!)