I started the day on time but I don’t really remember my morning. It feels like it was years ago. I know I had another great French practice and my kitchen is sparkly clean.
When I sat down for art I thought I’d try another portrait. This time I used a man’s face photo taken by Johan De Jager. I’ve been using a ruler to get the space in between features as accurately as I can. The one thing I’ve noticed is the slightest deviation in a line, can make a face look very different from the reference. So this sketch doesn’t really look like the reference but it does look like a mans face.
Once I was done, I wondered if I could digitally colour this sketch. I opened up ‘Krita’ and being it was my first time using the program, no, I wasn’t able to digitally colour in this sketch. One day maybe.
I then spent a couple of hours working on a lake and greenery digital image. I went for this image because there are brushes that will do the job for you; ‘stamp leaves’, ‘stamp grass’, ‘stamp grass patch’, ‘stamp water’. I tested brushes, I played around with colours, I layered many layers and came up with something kinda cool.
Want to know more about Krita?
Krita is a professional FREE and open source painting program. It is made by artists that want to see affordable art tools for everyone.
While I was browsing blogs this morning, I stumbled upon a list of ’40 Odd Things About Me’ on; Quiet Water Craft. She found the post on another blog I follow; NothingButKnit. That isn’t where it started. It was found on Stitched Roots. These three blogs are worth visiting, reading and following.
1. Do you like mustard? Yes but only when used sparingly
2. Choice of carbonated beverage? Brown Cream Soda
3. Ever travelled to another country? Yes. New Zealand and Vanuatu
4. Whiskey, Tequila, Vodka? Vodka
5. Hot dogs or Cheeseburgers? Cheeseburgers
6. Favourite Type Of food? Le fromage (Cheese)
7. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes
8. What do you drink in the mornings? Le cafe avec le chocolat (Coffee with chocolate)
9. Can you do a 100 push ups? No
10. Summer, Winter, Spring, Or Fall? Winter
11. Favourite hobby? Art
12. Tattoos? None but I would love lots
13. Do you wear glasses? No but I need them
14. Phobia? Just about everything
15. Nickname? M
16. Three drinks you drink? Coffee, Water, Hot Chocolate
17. Biggest Downfall? Answering hard questions on about me lists
18. Rain or Snow? Rain (if we didn’t have a hole in the roof)
19. Piercings? None now. As a teenager, I had three in my left ear
20. Age? 38
21. Taken or Single? Taken
22. How long taken or single? 15 years with hubby, 8 years with wifey
23. Kids? One fur-child; Homer (He’s a Pomchi)
24. Favourite colour? Pink
25. Employed? No
26. Can you whistle? Kinda
27. Where were you born? Wollongong, NSW, Australia
28. Brothers or Sisters? Only child
29. Ninjas or Pirates? Pirates
30. Surgeries? One, to remove a bone tumour from my left arm
31. Religious? I believe in something
32. Shower or Bath? Shower but maybe bath if I had a nice one
33. Like gambling? If I could do it for a living, I probably would
34. Are You Loyal? To the very end
35. Broken bones? I broke my arm many times, then they discovered a tumour
36. How many TVs in your house? 3
37. Worst pain ever? When my arm was hit by a body board and the bone snapped completely
38. Do you like to dance? Love to dance
39. Are your parents still alive? Sadly, no. My mum had a heart attack, my dad passed after a short battle with cancer
40. Do you like camping? In a hotel, with room service, yes.
If you would like to take part in the ’40 Odd Things About Me’, feel free to comment a link to your answers on this page.
Well that’s a whole lot of stuff. I hope your day has been stuffed full of things that make you smile.