I had trouble focusing on meditation last night, I slept pretty badly and when I woke it was already too hot. It got to a top of 34C / 94F and the house made it feel even hotter.
I didn’t do a lot with the day but I did get some art-ing and French done.
Today I decided to try a line and wash painting of my own. I used this reference of a grey house surrounded by trees. I wasn’t really sure how to build the colours from the original, so once again, I went rogue. There are some parts I like, there are some parts I don’t but it was a great practice either way. I need to be a little more patient and let it dry properly. I always think with this heat it’s going to dry faster than it does.
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him having ice cream for breakfast with his adopted grandma, Dot. This is to celebrate two important days; National Eating Ice Cream for Breakfast Day and Spunky Old Broads Day. Arthur loves spending time with his grandma and was very thankful he got to eat ice cream at the beach.
I hope you’ve had a tasty day filled with smiles, friends and family. Happy Weekend.
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him visiting his friend Rosie. It’s National Inspire Your Heart with Art Day and all he wanted to do was spend the evening art-ing Miss Rosie. His naughty puppy Douglas got paint paw prints everywhere.
In the afternoon I finished the day with some singing, smiling, French and a nap. J’aime beaucoup dormir.
I hope your day has been art inspired. Happy creating.
I got to bed late again last night, still meditated, and woke up late this morning. Hubby had already left before I woke. I have no idea how he ninja’ed out of the house. On a normal day, Homer would have been barking at the window but not today. Homer has been really respectful of my morning sleep-ins.
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him enjoying croissants at La Boulangerie with his friend Rosie and his puppy dog Arthur for National Croissant Day.
I finished the day with some French practice, housework and half a workout. I started to get light headed during the workout so I had to stop. At least I got some if it done. I think it was just too hot and humid in the house by then.
I hope your day has been filled with happiness and light.
Once out of bed, and melting through another hot midday, I got a face full of French. It was a very solid practice run. Even though I can recall the things while doing the practice runs, I can never just recall them off the top of my head. I’m not sure how to practice using words I can’t really remember in the first place. At least if I ever get to go to France I should be able to understand other people.
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him playing the kazoo with one of his favourite bands; Monkey and Sons, to celebrate National Kazoo Day.
By the afternoon I had a headache and no real desire to pick up a paintbrush or pencil, so I watched about 2 hours worth of watercolour videos. There is still so much for me to learn.
1. Where would your dream holiday be? France. I’d love to visit a few of the major cities and take in the big attractions and art galleries, but spend most of the time exploring little towns and the countryside.
2. What sound do you love? I love the sound of the ocean. Especially when I’m on a cruise ship. The sound of the ship moving through the water is so calming.
3. If you were a dinosaur, what kind of dinosaur would you be? Whichever one a t-rex doesn’t want to eat. Definitely one big enough to stomp on the little ones that want to eat me.
4. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Domino from Deadpool 2. It would be amazing to be that lucky and to just know that no matter what I did, it would turn out okay.
5. If you were a super hero or super villain, what powers would you have? If I could have the witchy powers of the Charmed girls, Domino’s luck and Thor’s hammer, I think I’d be set. No guarantees I’d be a super hero though.
6. If you could breed two totally different animals together, what new animal would you create? An elephant and a small dog, so I could have a small fluffy elephant.
7. What other languages can you speak? Je parle un petit francais
8. Do you love or hate roller coasters? They’re not for me. I always worry about the things that could go wrong. I’ve watched Final Destination.
9. Whats the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? Last year I ate bugs!! I tried ants, crickets and mealworms. Not something I’d do in a rush again.
10. Do you collect anything? I don’t collect things. I’ve often thought about starting a collection though, either teapots or smoking pipes. Not really sure why either has such a strong appeal.
11. What would be in your dream sandwich? That’s an easy one. I love herb crusted chicken, purple onions, swiss cheese and branston pickles on thick cut white bread. YUM!
12. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? I’d like to meet Shakey Graves so I could sing the song, Dearly Departed, with him.
13. What was your favourite cartoon growing up? Every time I read this question all I can think of is the Samurai Pizza Cats. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t even that good.
14. What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever been for Halloween? We don’t celebrate Halloween in Australia. I would really love to do something Halloweeny one year.
15. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? I didn’t know it at the time but my mum gave me a teddy bear for my 21st birthday. It was a smallish brown knit bear. My mum passed away a few months later and that bear has been with me ever since. I can’t go anywhere without it.
16. What ice-cream flavours do you love/hate? Chocolate, Peanut butter, Caramel are all pretty delicious ice cream flavours.
17. Are you a dog person or a cat person? I’ve always been a dog person.
18. What’s your fondest childhood memory? One day my mum took the day off work, I took the day off school and we spent the day together. We ended up eating hot chips dipped in Nutella at the beach. it was also my first salty/sweet eating experience. I’ve loved it ever since.
19. Would you rather be poor and happy, or rich and miserable? There is appeal in both sides. I’ve spent a long time being poor and miserable, so at this point, I’d take either one.
20. What would be your ideal first date? Something casual, relaxed and fun. While movies aren’t a great first date because you don’t get a chance to talk, it worked out pretty well with hubby. We went to see a kids movie late at night and we were the only ones there. So we did get to talk too!
Thanks for joining me for the last 300 days! This journey has been a lot harder than I thought it would be and I really appreciate all the support and encouragement. I hope you’ll join me for another 300 days of learning, growing and changing.
I hope your week is filled with creativity, smiles and good health.
It’s been another rest day and another hot day. I think we’re really hitting the peak of Summer now. I can’t wait for Winter to come back around. I Frenched and I Puddled.
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him baking a chocolate cake for his friend Rosie because it’s National Chocolate Cake Day. He thought it would be a good idea to wrap it in bubble wrap, seeing it’s National Bubble Wrap Day. Arthur sure likes to celebrate the little things.
I hope everyone has a marvellous and creative week. Good luck if you’re starting a new project. Congratulations if you’re reaching a milestone. Big hugs if you’re missing someone.
Hubby had to work today so I got up at 7 am with him. I’m sure he wishes I had of stayed in bed. I was grumpy. Not for any reason, I am just not a morning person. He hopped off to work and I started a day of art-ing.
I went back to the watercolour paints. It took me close to an hour to decide on a Youtube video to follow. All the ones that have ‘easy’ in the title, didn’t seem that easy. I ended up picking; Easy Watercolour Landscape Painting for Beginners. I followed along closely but probably skipped over a few of the techniques.
I finished the day with French. I’m guessing a lot of things well in this latest category of ‘habits’. C’est samedi aujourd’hui.
The weekend is back tomorrow (even though the last three weeks have felt like the weekend with hubby home) and I’m planning on enjoying it. I was relatively headache free today so by Tuesday (the first day of our week) I should be ready to get back to a full normal routine. I hope. Fingers crossed.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend filled with fun, friends and a helping of creativity.
I did two meditation guides before falling asleep last night. One was for sleep and one was for healing. It’s such an enjoyable way to fall asleep. It’s also a wonderful time for me to focus on meditation with the world being so still, dark and quiet.
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him teaching his puppy some tricks while giving him treats and compliments for National Compliment Day.
Art-ing seemed to take up most of the day and it was very enjoyable. I finished the day with some more French ‘habit’ lessons. I’m sure they will be a habit soon but I’m still pretty unfamiliar with them. C’est vendredi aujourd’hui.
I hope your day has been everything you wanted. That smile looks great on you. You should wear it more often. Have a great Friday!!
I listened to Guided Meditation – Blissful Deep Relaxation before sleep last night. Although I’m not sure how much I did before falling asleep. I know I woke hours later to take the headphones off and then before I knew it, morning was here. We got up around 8.30 am but I woke up with a headache, so it wasn’t a good start to the day.
I think feeling positive that I was over the sickness was…just being positive. This headcold seems to be lingering and causing me all worlds of problems today. The headache really hasn’t lifted and it’s making me feel like I’ve been punched in the face. I tried to get some extra rest while hubby was out doing the grocery shopping but someone knocked on the door not long after he left and Homer dog spent the rest of the time barking at every little noise.
Once hubby was back home I worked up a very quick Puddles cartoon. It’s cute but not what I had intended for today. Hopefully I can use my original idea at a later date.
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him trying some green tea for Hot Tea Month. Now that he knows how wonderful tea is, he can’t wait to throw a tea party.
I finished the afternoon with some smiling, some French and I watched a big handful of watercolour and baking videos on Youtube. Not my best day, not my worst day.
I hope your day has been filled with happiness and good health. Take care.
I woke up late, which was a little disappointing but I’m really enjoying getting sleep so it didn’t worry me too much.
I started a new group of words in French. They are ‘Habit’ words. It seems I’m now learning about watching TV and the different days of the week. As usual I can’t recall any of them yet but feel pretty confident when I can see the words that I know what they are.
Watercolour still scares me… a lot. So I just had to pick something to do and start. I chose Watercolour Sunset Tutorial for Beginners. I didn’t listen to it, just watched what was being done. I also didn’t have a ‘pink’ paint so I just made something sorta close.
I whipped up a meal plan towards the end of the day. I didn’t want to. I hoped that if I left it long enough the magical meal plan faeries would take care of it for me…but it seems I AM the meal plan fairy. There’s a couple of vegetarian meals and we’re trying out some ‘stir-fry shots‘ and ‘curry paste shots‘ for a couple of meals. You just add meat and veg and dinner is done.
I finished the day with 10 minutes of doodling and 10 minutes of smiling for no reason. I didn’t do them at the same time. I still find doodling to be so unnatural. I never have any idea what to draw which is why I drew flowers. I was using ultra fine point sharpies, it was my first time using them.
I hope your day has been filled with beautiful things, yummy things and things that make you smile.