Hubby left for work at 6.30 am and that’s when I crawled out of bed. I was hoping to spend a little time with wifey before I got about my day but she was napping. I fiddled with a few mindless mobile games and felt the sads creeping upon me. Instead of wallowing in it, I got to my workout and really pushed myself, squeezed muscles and made sure that if it could be worked out, that it was.
Once that was done I thought I’d take advantage of the nice morning light and get some painting done. I set up my paints, sat down to leave wifey a message and got distracted with singing. I sang a few songs and enjoyed the music so much I made an Indie playlist that I could listen to while painting.
Check out my Indie Vibes playlist on Youtube.
From about 10 am until 5 pm, I was painting. The painting was based on a picture I took many years ago when we were in Akaroa, New Zealand. We were on a 14 day cruise around New Zealand and that is one of the shore days. It’s one of my favourite shore days. You have to take a little boat from the cruise ship to the shore. There is also an amazing restaurant there called Bully Hayes. I hope to get back there one day.
I’ll post all the painting stuff tomorrow. I finished so late it was impossible to get a good photo with the light I have available. Hopefully I can get a great shot of it tomorrow. I’m proud of this painting.
I do have something to share today, my ‘out a window’ photo for this weeks Let’s Do 52 – 52 Week Photo Challenge. Being that I don’t leave the house, what windows I have to get a shot out of are limited. The backyard doesn’t have a lot in it to take pictures, the front yard has even less. I didn’t think a picture of the neighbours house was really worthy either.
Yesterday, we had a visit from a White-faced Heron. They like to forage for bugs. It’s not the first time we’ve seen one of these birds. He was prowling around the greenhouse when I captured the picture through the back window.
It was so hard to get the shot. I had limited room, had to zoom in as far as my camera would go and then of course, the heron had to be in the shot. I snapped a handful of shots but this one was my favourite. It’s kind of mysterious and the shadows are lovely.
Seeing most of my day was taken up with painting, I didn’t get much else done. I can say that I did do some drawing, not a lot but it happened. I practised drawing the sailboat before trying to paint it.
I did get in 30 minutes of French. I finished the ‘people’ topic. I’m not sure I’m ready to move on to new things, so looks like it’ll be back to the practice level for a couple of days. I did remember more words today and I think I’ve worked out when to use ‘a’ or ‘en’ (the French word for ‘in’, just missing an accent or two). Practice, practice, practice.
I didn’t get round to writing practice today, so I’m going to do a bit of a ‘get to know me’ type questionnaire. You can find the ‘Dig a Little Deeper’ questions here. I’ll do half tonight and half another night this week. If you’re game, enjoy.
- Do you prefer writing with black or blue pen? I’ll say blue pen only because I’m using a blue pen at the moment and I like it.
- Would you prefer to live in the country or the city? In the country, for sure. If I’m going to be surrounded by something, I’d prefer it to be peace and quiet, nature and stars.
- If you could learn a new skill, what would it be? I’m learning lots of new things already, so I’m not sure what the next one would or should be, yet.
- Do you drink your tea or coffee with sugar? I drink coffee with sugar.
- Do you prefer baths or showers? I’d say showers. It’s nice to wash the day away, instead of soaking in it. Plus, I’ve never lived anywhere with a bath that accommodates my long legs.
- If you could be a mythical creature, which would you choose? Mermaid. I love the ocean. I feel like it would be such a peaceful life.
- Do you prefer reading paper or electronic books? I don’t really like reading. I have the attention span of a flea with a bad attention span. Although, I like when wifey reads me books and she does it on an electronic device, sooooo…. electronic.
- What is your favourite item of clothing? Black or dark blue skinny jeans. It took me many years to want to wear them and now you can’t get me out of them.
- Do you like your name? Would you ever change it? I don’t like my name. I will most likely change it.
- Who is a mentor to you? I don’t have a mentor.
- Would you ever want to be famous? If so, what for? I’ve always wanted to be famous. A famous singer or photographer. I’d settle for any sort of creative medium fame.
- Are you a restless sleeper? Sometimes. I’m definitely more restless when I’m in pain.
- Do you consider yourself a romantic? I’m unconventionally romantic.
- Which element best represents you? Definitely one of them.
- Who do you want to be closer to? Wifey. She lives too far away.
- Do you miss someone at the moment? I always miss my mum.
- Tell us about an early childhood memory. I really don’t remember a lot of my childhood. I’ve manged to block most of it out because of all the bad things I lived through. The few fleeting memories I have, aren’t really that nice. Others are just memories of photos. I really don’t have an answer.
- What is the strangest thing you have eaten? I know it’s not that wild but when I was young, I used to love eating Lamb’s Fry. (Lamb livers.) My granddad would fry them and put them in a bacon gravy. I would eat them cold on a sandwich, with tomato sauce.
- What can you see outside your bedroom window? The neighbours house across the street. I wish we had some trees or a window box with flowers.
- What are you most thankful for? I’m thankful that I own my own home.
- Do you like spicy food? Yes but not too spicy.
- Have you ever met someone famous? Low level famous, definitely. I got Arj Barker to sign my boobs one year at the Melbourne Comedy Festival.
- Do you keep a diary or journal? I feel like this blog is a diary, so yes.
- Do you prefer a pen or pencil? I prefer a keyboard. Whoever wrote these questions has a strange obsession with old fashioned writing tools.
- What is your star sign? Cancer
If you read all this, you are my favourite! I hope you have the best week.