I chose a short meditation last night and I’m pretty sure I fell asleep before the end. Again I don’t really remember when I took the ear buds out. I woke to cuddles from Homer dog. Soon as hubby goes to the shower (and stops telling Homer to stay out of the bedroom), Homer bounds up onto the bed for cuddles.
We’re expecting rain over the next few days, so the morning was humid. I don’t like humidity. I’ve become okay with the heat but the humidity really drains my energy. Not helpful for 7.30 am. I mulled over a cup of coffee and went to art-ing the second hubby buzzed off to work.
I thought a return to line and wash watercolour might be fun. I’d been browsing lighthouse photos on Unsplash and found a lighthouse in Hamaroy, Norway that really piqued my interest. Overall it was a good practice. I really need to put more thought into the colours before I start. The poor lighthouse may have got a bit overworked. I also need to be more patient and let the paper dry in between layers.
It was then time for a 10 minute doodle. I’d been thinking of words that start with the letter C but I hadn’t settled on what to draw. Once again, I just picked up the pencil, started the timer and drew a car…. badly.
So after that failed attempt (which will never see the light of day,) I reset the timer and started again. CUPCAKE. I have drawn them a handful of times already so I knew I would at least be on the right track with this doodle. 10 minutes later (or maybe 20) I had a cupcake doodle. Now I want to eat a cupcake.
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him out on a dinner date with Rosie. They are trying to eat some strawberry yogurt with chopsticks for National Chopstick Day and National Yogurt Day. Arthur wasn’t sure the two celebrations would work together but he wanted to impress Miss Rosie.
Once I’d got done with the art-ing I wasn’t sure if I should nap (I didn’t), workout (I didn’t), or French (I did! J’ai fait!). Then with the last hour before hubby would get home, I did some housework.
Before I wrap up this post, I had nominated Hannah @ Quiet Water Craft for the Sunshine Blogger Award and she has joined in the fun. Hannah decided to do an open invitation for her nominations (which I think is a great idea) and I really wanted to answer the questions too. So let’s do it.
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? At first I wanted to be a lawyer because I loved being on the debate team but I didn’t want to finish high school because I was being bullied. When I left, I wanted to do photography but my parents couldn’t afford to buy me the equipment.
2. What did you end up doing, and do you enjoy it? I worked in various offices as reception/admin. I worked at a radio station as an announcer and voice over in commercials. I worked as a live in nanny a couple of times too. Some were enjoyable but I never found anything I really loved.
3. What has been your favourite moment of 2020 so far? There hasn’t been a stand out moment yet.
4. What are you looking forward to this year? Getting fitter, learning more French, doing all the art-ing, seeing what my Arthur Puddles blog will look like by December 31. My friend, the pally, coming back to WoW. Most importantly, I can’t wait til wifey comes home.
5. If money were no object, what new skill would you learn? If I was smart enough, I’d get a law degree. Most likely I would take art classes or cooking classes in France.
6. Have you ever tried starting an Etsy shop? I haven’t. Maybe it’s something for my future.
7. What did you last dream about? I generally only remember my dreams for a very short time after I wake up. I have a lot of dreams about weather disasters and zombies.
8. Do you believe dreams have certain meanings? I know that I’ve had prophetic dreams which definitely says they have meaning.
9. What superstitions do you hold, if any? I remember when I was little I broke a mirror and thought I’d have 8 years bad luck. As an adult, I don’t think I’m superstitious or I’m really superstitious and just don’t realise it.
10. In conversation, do you prefer speaking or listening? There is something about me that makes people feel very comfortable, so I’ve become a very good listener. Given the right opportunity though, I’m very chatty and passionate about my opinions, whether they are right or wrong.
11. Do you ever feel like a ‘proper’ grown-up? Not even close. I’m more like a really smart 4 year old. I can do what is asked of me but I definitely need a nap by 3 pm.
It feels like a pretty full day and I finished it with a smile. I hope your day has been productive, satisfying and positive.