I tried another healing meditation, Healing Light Energy, Full Body Scan Guided Meditation, before sleep last night. It must have been very relaxing because I don’t remember falling asleep. I also got a few hours extra sleep today. It was a nice start to the day.
Once out of bed, and melting through another hot midday, I got a face full of French. It was a very solid practice run. Even though I can recall the things while doing the practice runs, I can never just recall them off the top of my head. I’m not sure how to practice using words I can’t really remember in the first place. At least if I ever get to go to France I should be able to understand other people.
In today’s Adventures of Arthur Puddles we find him playing the kazoo with one of his favourite bands; Monkey and Sons, to celebrate National Kazoo Day.
By the afternoon I had a headache and no real desire to pick up a paintbrush or pencil, so I watched about 2 hours worth of watercolour videos. There is still so much for me to learn.
To celebrate my 300th post, I’ve decided to share some more info about myself with 20 Random Questions to Get to Know Someone.
1. Where would your dream holiday be? France. I’d love to visit a few of the major cities and take in the big attractions and art galleries, but spend most of the time exploring little towns and the countryside.
2. What sound do you love? I love the sound of the ocean. Especially when I’m on a cruise ship. The sound of the ship moving through the water is so calming.
3. If you were a dinosaur, what kind of dinosaur would you be? Whichever one a t-rex doesn’t want to eat. Definitely one big enough to stomp on the little ones that want to eat me.
4. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Domino from Deadpool 2. It would be amazing to be that lucky and to just know that no matter what I did, it would turn out okay.
5. If you were a super hero or super villain, what powers would you have? If I could have the witchy powers of the Charmed girls, Domino’s luck and Thor’s hammer, I think I’d be set. No guarantees I’d be a super hero though.
6. If you could breed two totally different animals together, what new animal would you create? An elephant and a small dog, so I could have a small fluffy elephant.
7. What other languages can you speak? Je parle un petit francais
8. Do you love or hate roller coasters? They’re not for me. I always worry about the things that could go wrong. I’ve watched Final Destination.
9. Whats the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? Last year I ate bugs!! I tried ants, crickets and mealworms. Not something I’d do in a rush again.
10. Do you collect anything? I don’t collect things. I’ve often thought about starting a collection though, either teapots or smoking pipes. Not really sure why either has such a strong appeal.
11. What would be in your dream sandwich? That’s an easy one. I love herb crusted chicken, purple onions, swiss cheese and branston pickles on thick cut white bread. YUM!
12. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? I’d like to meet Shakey Graves so I could sing the song, Dearly Departed, with him.
13. What was your favourite cartoon growing up? Every time I read this question all I can think of is the Samurai Pizza Cats. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t even that good.
14. What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever been for Halloween? We don’t celebrate Halloween in Australia. I would really love to do something Halloweeny one year.
15. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? I didn’t know it at the time but my mum gave me a teddy bear for my 21st birthday. It was a smallish brown knit bear. My mum passed away a few months later and that bear has been with me ever since. I can’t go anywhere without it.
16. What ice-cream flavours do you love/hate? Chocolate, Peanut butter, Caramel are all pretty delicious ice cream flavours.
17. Are you a dog person or a cat person? I’ve always been a dog person.
18. What’s your fondest childhood memory? One day my mum took the day off work, I took the day off school and we spent the day together. We ended up eating hot chips dipped in Nutella at the beach. it was also my first salty/sweet eating experience. I’ve loved it ever since.
19. Would you rather be poor and happy, or rich and miserable? There is appeal in both sides. I’ve spent a long time being poor and miserable, so at this point, I’d take either one.
20. What would be your ideal first date? Something casual, relaxed and fun. While movies aren’t a great first date because you don’t get a chance to talk, it worked out pretty well with hubby. We went to see a kids movie late at night and we were the only ones there. So we did get to talk too!
Thanks for joining me for the last 300 days! This journey has been a lot harder than I thought it would be and I really appreciate all the support and encouragement. I hope you’ll join me for another 300 days of learning, growing and changing.
I hope your week is filled with creativity, smiles and good health.