Today was a rest day. I’m not sure I like rest days. Every Sunday I’ve got into a bit of a funk and have felt really flat by the end of the day. I’m starting to wonder if it’s because I’m missing a workout. Could that be possible?
I started the day with French. I spent about 30 minutes learning and practising. I followed it up with about 30 minutes of writing. It was a nice start to the day.
Everything from 9.30 am until about 5 pm was taken up in WoW. I spent the morning with one friend and the afternoon with another. There were some laughs. It wasn’t the worst gaming day but still not close to being the best.
Once all that was done I knew it was time to draw. After yesterday’s flower attempt I wasn’t feeling that confident about another nature drawing and it shows. Today’s topic; leaves. I found it really hard to focus on the tutorial and what my hand was doing. That’s why there is only one leaf.
Day 15: Write 15 interesting facts about yourself
- I taught myself to touch type by listening to music and typing the lyrics as the songs played.
- I started learning piano at age 4 and was taught to play by ear, instead of reading music. I eventually went on to learn how to read music. I prefer to play by ear now.
- In my early 20’s I loved doing long road trips in my 1983 Subaru touring wagon. I miss that car.
- All my life I’ve had the same dream about a big black crow trying to fly into the house to get me. It scared me as a child. It scared me as an adult.
- I was a radio announcer for a year and voiced a commercial that was played in the USA.
- The first instrument I bought for myself was a bass guitar. I still have it.
- I started primary school half way through the year. With my birthday in June, I was too young to start at the beginning of the year.
- I consider myself an empath. I can sense emotions and feel physical pain from the people around me.
- I have some sort of dream psychosis where I hallucinate spiders and people as I’m waking up. The worst was when I opened my eyes to see a man kneeling beside the bed. I screamed and it vanished.
- I have had two opera singing lessons and was told I was a natural. I moved and never took another singing lesson again.
- When I was 12, I had a bone tumour removed from my arm. When the bone grew back it pinched the muscle and it makes my arm sore sometimes.
- At a local Folk Festival, I played guitar and sang with an actor that was in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, as we sat by a fire at the back of a pub.
- I wrote a book when I was 16. Computers were new and when I was moving the files, trying to get organised, I managed to lose three crucial chapters. I thought it was a sign I wasn’t supposed to write the story and deleted the whole thing.
- I will only sing at ‘karaoke’ on cruise ships. I’m sure it has something to do with the overpriced cocktails.
- I’ve been ‘agoraphobic’ for about 8 years and have only left the house when I really have to. It’s been over a year now since I’ve gone out.
I’m not sure what to do tomorrow. Maybe I should start with a workout or just wake up and do all the housework. Why is there always so much housework?
May your housework be done swiftly and may your heart be filled with joy.